Achieve Medical Center Depression Treatment & Psychiatric Services in Mission Valley
We are located at:
1450 Frazee Road
San Diego California 92108
CALL US AT: (858) 427-5060
Mental Health Services in Mission Valley
Achieve Medical Center is proud to offer a wide array of mental health services in Mission Valley, especially for the treatment of depression and anxiety. Our providers, including psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, therapists, and others can help with psychiatric medication management and psychotherapy for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety, PTSD, and many other mental health conditions. We work closely with our patients and their families to provide them with high-quality service with the goal of delivering long-term relief from depression and anxiety.
Depression is a mental health condition that impacts a person’s behaviors, emotions, and thoughts. People dealing with depression may struggle to go to work, attend school, or perform everyday activities. Meanwhile, if the symptoms of depression linger, they may put an individual and their relationships with friends and family in danger.
Anxiety is also a mental health condition, though it can be normal in certain stressful or high-pressure situations. Symptoms of anxiety can be indicative of an underlying disease such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder when the symptoms increase in frequency and intensity and begin to impact activities of daily life, thereby preventing a person from enjoying their life.
Mission Valley: A San Diego County Neighborhood That Is Sure to Impress
Established in 1769 as the first Spanish settlement in California, Mission Valley is a San Diego County neighborhood that offers fast, easy access to some of California’s top attractions and landmarks. The San Diego Zoo — voted the world’s #1 zoo — is located only a few miles from Mission Valley and ensures guests of all ages can see thousands of animal species and subspecies. Meanwhile, for those who want to enjoy a round of golf, Riverwalk Golf Club in Mission Valley is one of the Golden State’s premier golf destinations. And for those who appreciate the great outdoors, Mission Trails Regional Park offers lots of opportunities to hike, rock-climb, and explore.
At Achieve Medical Center, we want to make it easy for people in Mission Valley to find the right mental health treatment. To accomplish our goal, we are proud to provide a broad array of services.
What psychiatric services are available in Mission Valley?
- Psychotherapy involves working with a mental health counselor to identify the root cause of a person’s suffering and to find ways to cope with the symptoms of depression and anxiety. Common types of psychotherapy include individual, group, and play therapy. There are many different modalities as well, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, and many others. Psychotherapy is often provided in conjunction with other treatments for depression and anxiety, such as medications.
- Psychopharmacology is the use of psychiatric medications to treat mental illness. It involves an evaluation of symptoms and an assessment of what kind of drug-induced changes may impact a person’s mood, thinking, behaviors, and emotions in a productive way. It is a collaborative process in which the doctor and patient work together to weigh the pros and cons of medications in order to better a person’s mental health. Psychopharmacology requires regular follow-up visits to ensure not only that a person achieves the best long-term results, but also to ensure that treatment continues in a safe and consistent way.
- Neuropsychological Evaluations are used to assess an individual’s thinking, behavior, and social and emotional functioning. They involve standardized tests and procedures that can be administered for both children and adults. The results of these tests can be used to help guide treatment to ensure that the correct symptoms are managed in the appropriate way.
- Neurofeedback, also known as EEG biofeedback, is a form of brainwave training which teaches a person’s brain to work at its fullest capacity. It can help a patient learn to direct their focus and attention, and help them to more efficiently switch gears as needed for a given task at hand. Neurofeedback has been used successfully with children as young as 18 months to adults over 90 years old.
- Post-Partum Depression Treatment is an important intervention for new mothers. Post-partum depression may impact mothers after childbirth and can present with mood swings, anxiety, insomnia, and other symptoms of depression as well. A mother dealing with post-partum depression can meet with a doctor to help understand these symptoms better and come up with an appropriate treatment plan that prioritizes not only her own recovery but the health and well-being of her baby as well.
- Ketamine Therapy is available through Achieve Medical Center. We utilize an FDA-approved intranasal ketamine treatment called Spravato to treat depression and provide short-term symptom relief, often during a crisis. In most instances, the results of ketamine therapy last a few days or weeks, during which we encourage our patients to continue with additional mental health services to ensure a more long-term positive outcome.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is an FDA-approved treatment for depression, anxiety, and OCD that has been shown to deliver a nearly 50% remission rate and a 70% response rate. A typical TMS therapy program involves five treatment sessions per week over the course of six weeks, with each session lasting approximately 20 minutes.
Schedule a Mental Health Treatment Consultation with Achieve Medical
The Achieve Medical Center team offers depression treatment consultations at our Palm Desert office. That way, we can learn about your depression symptoms and offer expert guidance and treatment recommendations to help you address these symptoms. To find out more about our depression treatment options in Palm Desert or schedule a consultation, please fill out our contact form or call us at (858) 427-5060.