Anjou Parekh, MHS, MS, APCC
Registered Associate Professional Clinical Counselor
Anjou is a client-centered, solution-focused psychotherapist who uses a variety of research-based therapeutic practices to support her clients in their treatment goals. She provides a warm, nonjudgmental environment in which clients can explore their thoughts and feelings as they move forward in their life journeys.
Anjou provides therapy to individuals on a wide range of issues, including anxiety, depression, relationship issues, trauma and PTSD, grief and loss, and other life transitions. She works with children, adolescents and adults in the private practice setting. She also has extensive experience providing mental health counseling to college students, as well as significant experience in grief counseling to families in hospice care. Anjou’s perspective is trauma-informed, multicultural, and LGBTQPIA+ affirming.
Anjou offers talk therapy as well as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) which is recognized by organizations such as the American Psychiatric Association and the World Health Organization as an effective form of treatment for trauma and other disturbing experiences. She is also a certified yoga instructor and blends elements of yoga and mindfulness-based approaches into her sessions as appropriate.
In her prior public health career, Anjou spent over fifteen years managing healthcare programs for women, children, and families, both domestically and internationally. Through her work in program planning and implementation, she interacted with policy-makers, administrators, healthcare providers, and patients in promoting the health of individuals, families, communities, and the environment. This experience has provided her with a unique macro-level perspective that she brings to her clinical work as it allowed her an understanding of the scope of public health issues surrounding individuals and their relationships to their larger community.
Though she was born and raised in Canada and the US, Anjou has worked and lived in a variety of countries in both Asia and Latin America. She also speaks several languages, including Spanish.
- Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (APCC #2382)
- Master of Science in Clinical Counseling, Johns Hopkins University
- Master of Health Sciences in International Health, Johns Hopkins University
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Spanish, Tufts University
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Basic Training (Levels I and II)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200)
- Certification in “Psychological First Aid” through American Red Cross
- Reiki Master-Level Training (Levels I, II, and III)
- Member of the California Association of Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (CALPCC)
- Member of the American Counseling Association