Visit Our Diagnosis & Evaluation Center
Acomprehensive diagnostic examination is performed to evaluate the presenting problem with attention to its physical, genetic, developmental, emotional, cognitive, and social components. At Achieve Medical Center we recognize that each patient has his or her own unique individual set of circumstances, and we utilize all of the diagnostic tools at our disposal in order to compile a complete and accurate diagnosis evaluation. These tools may include:
- Detailed diagnostic interview(s) with the patient and parent/significant other
- Review of medical history including medications, medical illnesses, and a comprehensive medical assessment when indicated (ie. lab work, EKG, EEG, MRI,etc.)
- Review of previous testing, evaluations, school/IEP reports, medical and psychiatric records
- YouScript DNA testing for drug sensitivities, when indicated
- Coordination with pediatricians/primary care physicians and therapists. All coordination is only done with full written consent
- Collaborative information from teachers, school, psychologist, therapists
- Review, explanation, and discussion of all diagnoses
What to Expect at a Psych Evaluation
Every individual is unique and has specific needs, challenges, and strengths that affect their diagnosis and treatment. Once a working diagnosis is established, a fully individualized and comprehensive treatment plan is established in collaboration with the patient or his/her family. The team members at Achieve Medical Center are specially trained in their area of expertise to integrate all relevant forms of therapy into our customized treatment plan which is designed in collaboration with the patient, their primary care physician, family, school and other medical providers.
The treatment plan may involve a combination of individual psychotherapy, medication management, yoga, nutrition consult, working with a personal trainer, family meetings, group therapy, marital therapy, or play therapy for children as agreed on by the patient or his/her family member. After this is completed, we are able to begin the psychiatric diagnosis evaluation.