Evaluation and Diagnosis
Comprehensive Evaluation and Diagnosis:
A comprehensive diagnostic examination is performed to evaluate the presenting problem with attention to its physical, genetic, developmental, emotional, cognitive, and social components. At Achieve Medical Center we recognize that each patient has his or her own unique individual set of circumstances, and we utilize all of the diagnostic tools at our disposal in order to compile a complete and accurate assessment. These tools may include:
- Detailed diagnostic interview(s) with the patient and parent/significant other
- Review of medical history including medications, medical illnesses, and a comprehensive medical assessment when indicated (ie. lab work, EKG, EEG, MRI,etc.)
- Review of previous testing, evaluations, school/IEP reports, medical and psychiatric records
- YouScript DNA testing for drug sensitivities, when indicated
- Coordination with pediatricians/primary care physicians and therapists. All coordination is only done with full written consent
- Collaborative information from teachers, school, psychologist, therapists
- Review, explanation, and discussion of all diagnoses
Psychiatry Medication Management:
Our philosophy is “Medication is never the first option, but it does not have be the last resort”
Psychopharmacology is the study of drug-induced changes in mood, thinking, behavior and emotions. It can play an important role in the treatment of psychiatric problems. Dr. Inamdar views medication management as a collaborative process with patients, parents, and primary care physicians all playing an important role. Potential risks, benefits, and alternative treatment options are carefully considered and explained before initiating treatment. Systematic, scheduled follow-up appointments, careful monitoring, measurement of vital signs, and scheduled laboratory allow for the optimization of treatment.
Psychotherapy helps patients and families understand and resolve problems, as well as modify behaviors, and learn positive coping skills to make enduring changes in their living situation.
Individual therapy is a therapeutic process between a trained and experienced clinician and an individual patient. At Achieve Medical Center, we provide a broad range of individual therapeutic services to meet your needs. We provide Art Therapy, Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Grief Therapy, Insight-oriented Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Play Therapy, Supportive Therapy, and many more. The therapist may employ techniques from different therapy types, depending on the situation at hand. Individual sessions are available in 55 or 85-minute blocs.
Why are people referred for Neuropsychological Assessment?
– Children are often referred by a counselor or psychologist, doctor, teacher, parent, or because of one or more of the following difficulties:
- Difficulty learning, reading, shortened attention span, behavioral, social, or emotional difficulties
- A developmental problem that affects the brain (i.e. autism, epilepsy, prematurity, etc.)
- A brain injury from an accident, birth trauma, or other physical stress
A Psycho-Educational Evaluation provides a comprehensive overview of a child’s functioning in the school, including the following domains: cognitive, processing, academic, and social skills as well as a summary of the child’s emotional well-being and learning strengths. Psycho-Educational Evaluations include a thorough explanation of how the child’s strengths and learning patterns can be applied in the school setting to improve performance, social relations and positive adjustment.
Achieve Medical Center is pleased to announce that we are now offering Ketamine therapy to our menu of services offered, including intranasal ketamine.
What is Ketamine? Ketamine is a FDA approved anesthetic drug that is used to relieve depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and chronic pain syndromes. Ketamine has been shown to provide rapid- acting anti-depressant effects with low-dose infusions. It has been associated with quick improvement in depressive symptoms, with results lasting days to weeks. Ketamine may improve your symptoms of depression, but these effects may not be long-lasting.
Ways we can help you be healthier and happier
We recognize the importance of diet for the health of not only the body, but the mind. This integrative approach is based on numerous scientific studies, and it can bring dramatic positive results.
For example, it is well known that mood is greatly affected by what is going on in the digestive tract. Spices such as saffron, cinnamon, and turmeric have many beneficial properties, including alleviating depression and boosting the immune system. Using a high quality sea salt as a seasoning will help replenish the minerals that have been leached from the soil due to mechanized farming. A diet of mostly fresh, raw foods will provide the living enzymes necessary to deliver these nutrients to your body’s cells.
Community and Military Outreach:
Achieve Medical Center understands the special needs, sacrifices and demands of our armed service members and their families and strives to provide community outreach services. We also provide special programs geared towards school systems, churches and special diversity groups.
We provide corporate service for clients who seek a minimum of eight hours per week of wellness care performed by Achieve Medical Center clinicians. We can conduct assessments and/or evaluations from our medical offices or travel to your corporate site.
Neurofeedback: Optimize Your Brain
- Are you not getting the full results from medications or dislike the side effects?
- Can you visualize what you want out of life, but consistently get derailed from negative self-talk, anxiety or fear?
- Do you wake up in the morning with negative feelings?
- Do you or your child have problems with focus or impulsivity?
- Did you ever suffer from a concussion?
Neurofeedback, also known as EEG biofeedback, is a form of brainwave training which teaches the brain to work at its fullest capacity, to switch gears as needed for the task at hand. Neurofeedback has been used successfully with children as young as 18 months to adults over 90 years old.
From time to time we send out announcements about events, news, and happenings at Achieve Medical Center. Please join our mailing list if you would like to stay in touch with us.